The opioid epidemic is a growing concern for our communities, our state of Virginia, and our larger nation.
A few statistics about the epidemic:
- Three out of every four individuals who are addicted to heroin or opioids started with a prescription.
- Heroin or opioid addiction impacts all communities, all socio-economic statuses, all ages, and all races. This is an equal opportunity epidemic.
- Addiction is a disease. Your brain chemistry fundamentally changes through addiction, and it becomes a lifelong disease that must be managed like a chronic condition.
- Treating the disease is possible and we can help!
- Adolescents and young adults are overdosing at a much higher rate than ANY OTHER age group.
- More teens are dying in our country right now from the opioid epidemic than from automobile crashes.
Bacon Street Youth and Family Services is committed to being a part of the solution to addressing this epidemic. Here are just a few ways we are currently addressing this concern:
- REVIVE community member training’s are being conducted on a monthly basis. Contact our office for more details to learn more about this FREE training.
- REGISTER for the FREE REVIVE TRAINING.
- Treatment for adolescents and their families who are suffering with addiction.
- Parent and family support groups for those who have someone they love who is suffering from opioid or other types of addiction.
- Awareness raising with community partners to spread awareness of the issues and challenges related to the opioid epidemic.
- Community presentations and film screenings to educate and inform the general public of the facts and dangers related to the opioid epidemic.
We are HERE to HELP. Give us a call at 757.253.0111 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.