Bacon Street Youth and Family Services offers a variety of services to address the problem of alcohol and other drug abuse in our communities. These services include:
- Individual Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Groups: Counseling & Educational
- Drug Screening
- Prevention Services
- Wrap-around Services including Support Groups and Case-work
These services are for young people who may be experiencing problems with alcohol or other drugs. When a young person or family first contacts Bacon Street, they are often unsure of what the problem is and what they can do about it. Bacon Street helps these individuals by:
- Determining whether there is a problem and what the nature and extent of the problem is.
- Providing counseling and education to the adolescent and their family so that all will understand the problem and what part they can play in overcoming it.
- Referring to other agencies and organizations who may be able to assist in overcoming their problem.
We use a variety of therapeutic methods that are evidence based and have been proven to be effective strategies to support youth in making changes in their life. The primary method used is called Motivational Interviewing, and has been a gold standard for helping solve substance abuse and mental health challenges for adolescents and young adults. To learn more about Motivational Interviewing, click here.