Bacon Street Youth and Family Services offers a variety of services to address the problem of alcohol and other drug abuse in our communities. These services include:
- Individual Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Groups: Counseling & Educational
- Drug Screening
- Prevention Services
- Wrap-around Services including Support Groups and Case-work
These services are for young people who may be experiencing problems with alcohol or other drugs. When a young person or family first contacts Bacon Street, they are often unsure of what the problem is and what they can do about it. Bacon Street helps these individuals by:
- Determining whether there is a problem and what the nature and extent of the problem is.
- Providing counseling and education to the adolescent and their family so that all will understand the problem and what part they can play in overcoming it.
- Referring to other agencies and organizations that may be able to assist in overcoming their problem.
We use a variety of therapeutic methods that are evidence-based and have been proven to be effective strategies to support youth in making changes in their life. The primary method used is called Motivational Interviewing and has been a gold standard for helping solve substance abuse and mental health challenges for adolescents and young adults.
To schedule an appointment: If you are a parent or guardian and are seeking individual, group, or family therapy services, please call (757) 253-0111 or email email@example.com
To make a referral: If you are an agency working with youth and families and need to make a referral to Bacon Street, download the referral form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (757) 253-2884