Run, walk, jog, skip. Treadmill or trail. The choices are endless. Since it’s a virtual race, we can keep our distance but stay connected.
Virtual Leader Board
- Avery Gibbs — 0:30:23
- Michele Stickel — 0:31:23
- Kristyn Gonzalez — 0:33:16
- Kate and Drew Gruber — 0:37:02
- Jenn Daley — 0:39:04
- Stephanie Moler — 0:39:11
- Ed Moler — 0:43:14
- Dowling 207 —1:05:00
- Stewart family — 1:30:00
Thanks to everyone who participated! Your race entry supports Bacon Street’s work to give kids in our community a brighter future, free from drugs and alcohol.
Still want to run a virtual 5k for Bacon Street?
- Head to our “Donate Today” page and make a gift. In the Notes, tell us that you’re doing a Run for Bacon Street.
- Choose your race: The Individual 5k is $10. (You’re racing on your own, but you’re not alone — there’s a whole community out here cheering for you!) Family entries are $25 and include up to 6 members of your immediate household. (Family entries must complete their 5k together.)
- Choose your course. This is a virtual race, so you decide: Indoors on a treadmill? Laps around your yard? On a nearby trail? (Remember to stay 6 feet apart from others!) As long as you go the distance and complete 3.1 miles, the choice is yours!
- Choose your day. Complete your race any day that you like!
- Show us those race-day photos. We want to see you on your race course, whether it’s indoors or outside. Tag us on Facebook or Instagram with your race-day pictures.
- Send us your time. We’re on the honor system! We trust you to go the full distance and to time your own race. When you register, you’ll receive an e-mail with instructions on submitting your time.
Every race entry will receive a custom “Run for the Bacon” sticker, suitable for your favorite water bottle, mailed to you! (Family entries will receive a sticker for each member of their immediate household, up to 6.)
We had a lot of fun during the Virtual Training challenge. Want to get in on the fun? Try some of the ideas below!
- Put One Foot in Front of the Other For 10 minutes each day, walk, job, skip, run, gallop.
- Play Ball! Literally, any activity that involves, well, a ball! A little one-on-one basketball in your driveway. Ping Pong on your dining room table. Get creative!
- A Little Friendly Competition How many sit ups can you do in 60 seconds? How many push-ups? Can you beat your kids, your sister, your best friend?
- Dance Party! Turn on the tunes and get dancing! Need something a little more structured? Maybe now is a good time to try that Zumba class…
- Playground Games Grab your jump rope! Play a game of hop scotch, or four square, or red light-green light. Ask your kids what they’re favorite games are and give it a try!
- The Final Stretch This week is all about stretching and strengthening. Try a yoga, Pilates, or barre class. See how long you can hold a plank. Try to touch your toes.